This article aims to answer two questions: One, what is DRTV? Two, how does it help in business marketing campaigns?
Direct Response Television (DRTV) is a form of advertising done through television wherein consumers are asked to respond directly to the company. Consumers may give their responses either by sending an SMS message, visiting a website, or calling a toll-free telephone number. It is a type of direct response marketing that is still effective today despite the rise of the Internet.
To this day, businesses use short- and long-form DRTV campaigns to sell their products and services. DRTV campaigns help in increasing customer loyalty, building subscription bases, and generating leads. So, how can you make this happen for your business marketing campaign?
Take note of the following tips:
- Look for a media agency with enough experience in DRTV. They should be efficient enough when purchasing the right television spots from the appropriate channels to ensure that it matches your business goals. They should also be able to optimize the DRTV campaign according to the results and data gathered from a TV analytics platform.
- Know your target audience before airing your DRTV campaign to make a more significant revenue stream. Make sure that your call-to-action (CTA) in the advertisement relates to your target audience. For example, if you want to target the younger and techier generation, your ad should refer them to smartphones.
- Create a professional and branded message that captures the prospect audience from the start. Hire more than one creative, so you can choose which campaign is most effective in driving conversions. Even minimal variations on an ad’s visual layout may have profound effects on its outcome and ROI. Most engaging ads are those that people see as “funny” and “active.” They are often paired with catchy and memorable taglines and feature a hashtag or a URL as its CTA for increased social engagement.
- Focus on your ad’s reach instead of its frequency, which means that you have to show them on different channels rather than showing them multiple times on a single channel. Plan your reach, channels, ROI, and other factors before working on the actual advertisement based on gathered TV analytics data to ensure the highest efficiency and reach the right audience.
- Place a CTA that pushes consumers to convert. These CTAs may range from phone numbers to hashtags and keywords. Some companies even use unique URLs to track their TV campaigns. As such, you need to have a compelling online media presence and a web landing page consistent with your DRTV advertisement’s look and messaging to ensure conversion.
Now that you already have a good understanding of what is DRTV, you can use its potential in boosting your marketing campaigns.