These days, you’d be hard-pressed to find a business that doesn’t use videos in its promotional materials, since videos have proven to be massively effective in spreading and building brand or product awareness. Since videos nowadays aren’t confined to just television—and, in fact, can be found on online channels too—videos ensure a practically worldwide reach. And it’s because of this that many businesses won’t think twice about hiring a Los Angeles video production company to create the needed or desired material.
If you’re still unsure about doing so, however, consider these numbers:
- Back in 2013, one survey shows that 85% of Internet users in the United States viewed videos online; of these videos, 25% were ads.
- According to comScore—a site that measures online engagement and use—45.4% of Internet users view at least one video online per month. That’s around 100 million users worldwide, with a good number of them looking for help with something, or else searching for a particular product or service.
- Visitors are 64% more likely to buy a product from an online retail store after watching a video on said product. On average, they also stay 2 minutes longer on the site than visitors who don’t watch product videos and the like (again according to comScore).
These are just a few of the statistics you’ll come across when searching for reasons to hire a Los Angeles video production company. But what about the hiring process itself? How will you know which company to partner with? Here are a few tips to help you out.
- Look past the demo reel. Production companies always host a demo reel – a series of clips from previous projects usually set to music, typically a minute in length – on their homepage. This is to show that the company is an established one, with varied clients.
However, the video shouldn’t just look good. It also needs to be effective. Try searching the site for actual videos that the company created. If there aren’t any, move on to the next company.
- Get several quotes. Narrow your list of video production companies in Los Angeles to possibly partner with; three to five should be enough. It may seem tiring to go through the whole bidding process, but it’s worth it in the end because pricing varies from company to company. That in itself isn’t surprising since cost depends on many different variables when it comes to video production.
- Look for the most recent projects. A company’s bid and its recent work will be the main factors in your final decision. You don’t want to look at their older finished works because they won’t give you an idea of the current talent and equipment the company can bring to your marketing videos.
Above all, remember that you get what you pay for. If you opt for a firm with a lower bid, don’t expect a star-studded cast or a speedy delivery. You can’t rush quality, after all, and quality doesn’t come cheap. But no matter your budget, you’ll be able to find a Los Angeles video production company you can partner with, and the investment will be worth it.